Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Into the Ocean" by Blue October

"I'm just a normal boy
That sank when I fell overboard
My ship would leave the country
But I'd rather swim ashore
Now floating up and down
I spin, colliding into sound
Like whales beneath me diving down
I'm sinking to the bottom of my
Everything that freaks me out
The lighthouse beam has just run out
I'm cold as cold as cold can be...
be...
Not knowing how to think
I scream aloud, begin to sink
My legs and arms are broken down
With envy for the solid ground
I'm reaching for the life within me
How can one man stop his ending?
I want to swim away but don't know how
Sometimes it feels just like I'm falling in the ocean
Let the waves up, take me down
Into the ocean, end it all
Into the ocean, end it all
Into the ocean, end it all
Into the ocean...end it all."

1 comment:

  1. Very inventive solution, beautiful aesthetic choices, and I must say- brilliant overall :) Great vision, planning, and follow-through on this series. I can imagine you exploring this format with other themes/stories in the future.

    ReplyDelete